Lately, translucent powder has been a game-changer in the makeup industry. It is a savior when it comes to keeping your makeup intact. If you want a shine-free, grease-free matte face after applying makeup, then a translucent powder is the best choice for you. Read further to know why it is important to use translucent powder to set your makeup.
Translucent powder is a fine, colorless powder that is used to set makeup. It controls the oil production on your face, thereby giving your face a matte look. It plays an integral part in almost every beauty enthusiast’s makeup regime. Applying this powder on top of your foundation or concealer will lock the makeup in place. Also, the translucent powder gives a super smooth texture to your face, minimizing the appearance of pores and fine lines. Now let’s have a look at the top 5 reasons to use translucent powder to set your makeup.
5 Reasons to use translucent powder to set your makeup
- Keeps your makeup intact: Powder foundation can be a good choice for people with oily skin. However, those who have dry skin should avoid powder-based foundation, as it may make their face look blotchy and rough. A translucent loose powder, on the other hand, can be used by people with both oily and dry skin. This powder is used to set makeup and keep it intact for hours. You can apply it by layering it on top of your foundation or concealer. It will prevent your makeup from melting or sliding off its place. As a result, you can achieve a fresh look all day long with the help of a translucent powder.
- Creates a base: With the help of a translucent loose face powder, you can create a base for other powder-based products such as blush, contour, bronzer, and highlighter. Applying these products directly on top of your foundation or concealer may reduce their lasting effects. However, if you apply translucent powder on top of your foundation, then it will blend well with your foundation, thereby creating a firm base, on top of which you can further apply blush, contour, or other powder-based products. This way, these products will last longer on your face.
- Gives a matte finish: If you want to bid adieu to the extra shine on your face, then applying translucent powder is highly recommended. During summers, as a result of over-sweating, your face may end up looking greasy and shiny, thereby producing an excess amount of oil. To stop this, apply some translucent powder on top of your base, to achieve a shine-free matte look.
- Setscream-based eyeshadow: Apart from setting your base, a translucent powder can also be used to set your creamy eyeshadow. Dabbing a little bit of it on top of your eyeshadow can hold it intact all day long.
- Makes your skin feel soft and smooth: Translucent powder can blur the appearance of pores, thereby smoothening your skin’s texture. Also, since it is lightweight, it will prevent your face from looking cakey. As a result, you can achieve a soft and smooth face.
The above-mentioned reasons are enough to prove that a translucent powder is an important makeup essential, that will help you to set your makeup. If you want your makeup to last all day, then a Forever52 translucent powder can be your best companion. However, before investing in one, always do some research on the best translucent powders available in the market, that will complement your skin type and skin tone.